Aaron’s Camp is a day camp designed to serve inner-city at-risk Tulsa middle school students ages 11-14. Aaron’s Camp takes place on an 80-acre ranch, 13 miles northeast of Locust Grove, OK, that includes woodlands, meadow, ponds, wildlife, and a Pavilion with accommodations for 25 individuals. Aaron’s Camp runs Mondays-Thursdays 9:00am-2:30pm in June, with two, 2-week sessions. Expert presenters provide didactic and hands-on experiences in six learning modules: Soil and Water, Forestry, Fishing & Wildlife, Biodiversity, Self-Confidence/Decision Making, and Healthy Lifestyle. We are seeking a Camp Facilitator oversee all camp activities.
Commitment of the Camp Facilitator
- Prior to camp (May), set daily schedule and coordinate expert presenters and field trips, structure hands-on activities to correspond to didactic content (state approved curriculum provided), and assist with locating and ordering supplies for camp (15 hours, flexible).
- Attend camp Monday-Thursday 9:00am-2:30pm in June
- Supervise campers and junior mentors
- Set up and take down resources each day
- Assist with provision of lunch
Required Credentials of the Camp Facilitator
- Teaching certificate preferred
- 2 letters of recommendation
- First Aid training
- $10-$20 per hour for May, depending on qualifications
- Salary for June negotiable
- Reimbursement for travel and/or Mon-Wed night accommodations at hotel
For more info, contact Ken Stern (405-747-0915) or Janelle Wagner (843-425-0772)